Saturday 3 November 2012

Where has the time gone!!? Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of the past 6 months of the working life of a full time professional makeup artist based in Dundee Scotland but working internationally.

I have been fortunate enough to work with both Perth Theatre, Scotland  on their production of 'The Odd Couple'   when I was hired upon recommendation in September to provide hair and makeup consultation.

Earlier in March I was hired for Dundee Rep's production of Steel Magnolias. I had a wonderful 2 weeks working with the  brilliant ensemble cast, production team and the amazing Barbara Rafferty
Pre-production I cut, dyed and styled the a large number of wigs for the cast and restyled each day, including matinees. It was a fabulous 2 weeks and massive thanks to actress Annie Louise Ross who I had filmed with previously and who had recommended me.



The following Dundee Rep production was 'The Tempest' and was hired for special effects burn consultation for Annie's character.

Annie Louise Ross (copyright Dundee Rep Theatre)


In the Summer I made a video  aims to provide techniques for transvestites to look like a natural confident woman. I love drag makeup but the purpose of the video is to give men the confidence to look naturally good as a woman. This was based upon feedback from transvestites I know who wanted me to create this. We are hoping to release it very soon as it's had to be put on the back-burner due to work commitments from myself and the cameraman who's being editing it.
Here's a behind the scenes pix of me in action...




                                                           Jane Gowans Jewellery



Jane Gowans is a Scottish based jewellery designer who I first met at a model shoot when I styled her hair and makeup. Since then I have worked with her on 3 occasions to create the hair and makeup for her last collection 'Geology Rocks'  & Colourways  -striking and unusual pieces  that "incorporates the naturally occurring facets & structures found in rock forms with a high-end fashion aesthetic".


Last month we shot Jane's S/S and A/W  2013 collections which will be launched next year. Here's a behind the scenes pic from my camera of model Catherine Sloan ,The location was Dundee and was photographed by 'What Kirsten Saw' and styled by Kirsty Headden.


St Andrews Charity Fashion Shoot.

This month I was hired to make up 22 male and female models for the the St Andrews FS Charity shoot. I asked Mary Meikle to assist me with makeup for the male models. I have worked with the group for a few years now and they are so creative full of ideas and energy. All the models are students at St Andrews University as well as being very photogenic. One of the girls,Andrea, exclusively models for Karl Lagerfeld. 

Photography:Kayhan/Makeup:Me




Janine Clark's winning outfit/Photographer:Gillian Gamble/Hair & Makeup:Me
In February this year I worked with the St Andrews FS committee for the joint FS 2012/Alfa Romeo Young Designer of the  year competition on 2 shoots to showcase the shortlisted designers outfits. Janine Clark  was the winner and well-deserved. The photographers for the shoots were Kayhan and  Gillian Gamble. I loved all the entrants outfits and they can be seen here.   Gillian is a muti-talented individual based in Scotland-here is more of Gillian's work and projects. 

As every year I am fortunate to be be fairly continuously booked with weddings throughout the whole of the year and as a result have been fortunate to have met so many wonderful people and to be a small part of one of the most important days of their lives. Nothing is too big or too small and I have travelled throughout Scotland to attend. On a serious note nothing saddens me more when I receive calls or emails from Brides who have been let down at the last minute by makeup artists or hairstylists and usually I can't personally help as am usually booked but I do try to pass on to other trusted professionals when I can. I am lucky also to be recommended by venues and photographers and have had a wonderful year so far with many happy bridal parties. I am quickly booking up for 2013 so if you are planning hair and makeup I would love to offer you a consultation. Here are a few images from some of my weddings this year.

Els Wedding Glamis Castle/Hair and Makeup:Me /Photographer:www.maggiemiller.com/
Shona: Fairmont Hotel /Hair and Makeup:Me
Louise Apex Hotel /Hair & Makeup:SC Makeup Artistry





There are lots of things I've left out but these are some of the most significant things that has happened over the last 6 months and I hope you've enjoyed sharing these with me. x





No comments:

Post a Comment